PARK MANOR RETURNS TO OUTBREAK STATUS
Park Manor has returned to COVID outbreak status as a result of a 2nd floor direct-care employee testing positive for COVID-19 on 1/3/2022. As a result of this change we immediately took the following actions:
- Completed testing of all residents on the 2nd floor using our rapid point of care device, all test results were negative.
- Completed testing of all potentially exposed employees using our rapid point of care device, all results were negative.
- Since all test results were negative, residents on the 2nd floor do not need to quarantine and can continue activities as usual. Residents should wear a facemask when outside of their room.
- Admissions to the affected unit, the 2nd floor, will be restricted at this time. Admissions to Rivers Edge and Park Manor 1st floor will continue as usual.
According to the most recent guidance, Park Manor will test all residents and staff that were potentially exposed to the positive staff member once more later this week. We also continue to test all unvaccinated staff twice weekly based on the level of transmission in Price County. If we have no further positive test results, our outbreak would be discontinued as soon as 14 days.
We will continue with all of the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention including the following:
- Screening of all who enter Park Manor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and denying entry to any person with signs and symptoms of COVID or who have been in close contact with COVID-19 infections in the last 14 days, regardless of vaccination status.
- Hand hygiene performed using alcohol based hand rub or hand washing.
- Use of face masks that cover the mouth and nose.
- Social distancing of at least six feet maintained between people when recommended.
- Continued education to residents and visitors on COVID-19 infection prevention.
- Cleaning and disinfecting all frequently touched surfaces in facility and visiting areas.
- Use of appropriate PPE by staff, residents and visitors.
- COVID screening of residents and staff according to all regulatory guidelines.
Although we are able to allow visits for all residents, we would like all visitors to be aware of this outbreak status and the potential risk of exposure during this time. When visiting, please wear your face mask at all times, practice good hand hygiene and follow all other core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention. If you have any questions please contact us at Park Manor.