PARK MANOR RETURNS TO OUTBREAK STATUS
Park Manor has returned to COVID outbreak status as a result of a 1st floor direct-care employee testing positive for COVID-19. As a result of this change we immediately took the following actions:
- Placed all residents that were in direct contact with the positive staff member in precautionary quarantine. These residents were tested using a rapid point of care device, and all results were negative.
- Began testing all vaccinated and unvaccinated staff that were in close contact with the positive staff member. We have a couple staff members yet to test, but as of now, all staff that have been tested are negative.
- Since all staff and resident test results were negative, all residents were able to come out of precautionary quarantine and resume all regular activities and routines.
- Determined visits for residents could continue during initial outbreak testing, based on new CMS guidance published on 11/12/2021.
- No changes were necessary to resident activities within the building as we have continue to practice appropriate COVID prevention measures at all times.
According to the most recent guidance, Park Manor will test all residents and staff that were in direct contact with the positive staff member once more later this week. We also continue to test all unvaccinated staff twice weekly. If we have no further positive test results, our outbreak would be discontinued as soon as 14 days.
We will continue with all of the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention including the following:
- Screening of all who enter Park Manor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and denying entry to any person with signs and symptoms of COVID or who have been in close contact with a COVID-19 infections in the last 14 days, regardless of vaccination status.
- Hand hygiene performed using alcohol based hand rub or hand washing.
- Use of face masks that cover the mouth and nose.
- Social distancing of at least six feet maintained between people when recommended.
- Continued education to residents and visitors on COVID-19 infection prevention.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-frequency touch surfaces in facility and visiting areas.
- Use of appropriate PPE by staff, residents and visitors.
- COVID screening of residents and staff according to Wisconsin DHS guidelines.
Although we are able to allow visits for all residents, we would like all visitors to be aware of this outbreak status and the potential risk of exposure during this time. When visiting, please wear your face mask at all times, practice good hand hygiene and follow all other core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention. If you have any questions please contact us at Park Manor.