Park Manor Events Update:
April has come and gone and we are still under a National Coronavirus Emergency. We are happy to say we continue to have NO COVID-19 CASES AT PARK MANOR. Life at Park Manor has settled in to a new normal that includes individual resident activities and social distancing. We continue with the preventive measures put in place in March to prevent the possibility of COVID-19 infecting residents or staff of Park Manor.
New Preventive Measures for April:
- Starting April 6th it became a requirement for all staff to wear a paper face mask while working at Park Manor. Additionally, residents are now required to wear a face mask while out of their rooms or if a staff person is in their room. Residents have been provided a variety of size and style face masks so they are comfortable with this new rule.
- Our admission step-down unit for all new admissions has been working well. Each new resident is placed in precautionary seclusion for 14 days on a special unit until we can rule out a COVID-19 infection.
Making Life Interesting for Our Residents:
- Park Manor staff are working hard to keep residents in contact with their family and friends during this time of no physical visitation. Every day we connect residents to their families using Skype, FaceTime and window visits.
- Individual and hall activities and contests are being held every day. Trivia, adult coloring, exercise, card crafting and word search are just a few of the events that have translated well to individual events. Of course hall bingo is still one of the favorites!
- Now that the weather is getting warm we have initiated daily outside walks for residents. A variety of staff will be escorting residents for a 15-minute walk around the grounds or in the park on nice days. So far this has been a real hit!
- Coming in May we will be incorporating even more technology into our resident’s days. Through a federal grant program, we will be purchasing several tablets to be used by residents for social visits or fun apps. So, if you are a Word with Friends player, let your family member know. We hope to have a number of residents begin to use tablets in their everyday life. We will continue to look for donations of tablets for our residents as we would love to have a tablet for each resident to us.
We won’t be able to have our annual open house in May due to COVID-19. We will schedule another event later in the year after we are open for visitors again. See the poster on our Spring Fling Parade that will take place during National Nursing Home Week. Residents and staff will also be participating in multiple events during the week including special treats each day, guessing games and drawings, and events including Fluorescent Shirt Day, Team Color Day, What’s Your Sign Day and Decorate Your Face Mask Day. We will keep everyone up-to-date with our events on the Park Manor Facebook page!