Each resident at Park Manor has the right to have in person visitors while living at Park Manor with a few exceptions. Based on current COVID guidance as defined by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) memo QSO-20-39-NH, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and county positivity levels, the following are guidelines to provide expanded visits at Park Manor effective March 18, 2021.
- Park Manor will allow indoor visitation for all residents (regardless of vaccination status, except for a few circumstances when visitation will be limited due to a high risk of COVID-19 transmission. The scenarios limiting indoor visits include:
- Unvaccinated residents if the county positivity rate is greater than 10% and less than 70% of Park Manor residents were vaccinated. Neither of these exclusions apply at this time.
- Residents with confirmed COVID-19 infections, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they are at the end of their infectious period (normally ten days).
- Residents in quarantine, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until the quarantine is ended.
- Visits must be scheduled when possible. To schedule a visit, visitors must call Park Manor in advance to select a date and time for their visit. Unscheduled visits will be provided based on availability of visiting rooms, resident and staff.
- Visits will take place in designated visiting areas. If a resident is unable to leave their room, visits may take place in the resident’s room at the discretion of the nursing administrator.
- Visits will be scheduled in one hour increments to allow for health screening prior to the actual visit and cleaning between visits. Visits will be completed ten minutes to the hour to allow for transition to the next visit.
- Late arrival for a visit will not allow addition time. Visits will be limited to the allotted time.
- Core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention will be followed during the visit.
- Hand hygiene using alcohol-based hand rubs will be performed before and after the visit.
- Face coverings or mask that covers the nose and mouth will be worn by visitor and resident.
- Social distancing of six feet or more will be maintained once the initial greeting is made. Visitors will be allowed limited physical contact as long as both the visitor and resident have face coverings and hand hygiene is performed.
- No food or beverages may be consumed during the visit by either the guest or resident.
- Visiting areas will be cleaned after each visit using CDC guidelines.
- To assure the safety of those residents who are not yet fully vaccinated, visits of unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated residents will take place using an additional Plexiglas separation during the visit, after initial greetings are made.
- Visitors must check in at the Rivers Edge entrance (or Rivers Edge nurses station after business hours) to be directed to the appropriate visiting areas.
- Park Manor reserves the right to cancel a visit at any time.
- If you are ill on the day of your visit, please do not come. Park Manor reserves the right to turn away any visitor based on their screening or testing status.
Visit guidelines will be revised routinely based on the level of COVID in our county and updated guidance received from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Wisconsin Department of Health Services. We appreciate that all visitors will respect these guidelines and follow them, in an effort to continue our move to full access and an end to the COVID pandemic.
Please direct any questions to Sharon Schultz, Administrator; Heidi Prellwitz, DON; Georgiana Fischer, Director of Social Services or Krista Boley, Activities Director.