Park Manor has returned to COVID outbreak status as a result of a direct care employee that works only on Rivers Edge testing positive for COVID-19 on 8/2/22. All employees that had potential contact with the positive employee are currently being tested, so far all results are negative. Residents on Rivers Edge were also tested on 8/2/22, and all results were negative.
Based on the most recent CMS, CDC and DHS guidance, residents that had potential exposure to a positive individual that are not fully up to date with Covid-19 vaccinations are required to be in precautionary quarantine for 7-10 days following the potential exposure. No other changes are necessary to resident activities within the building, as we continue to practice appropriate COVID prevention measures at all times. Admissions to Park Manor, including Rivers Edge, will continue, based on a review of the most current guidance and consultation with the Park Manor Medical Director.
Residents and employees that had potential exposure to the positive employee will be tested again early next week. We also continue to test all employees routinely who are not fully up to date with recommended COVID vaccinations, any employee or resident exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or any employee or resident that has been exposed to an individual that has recently tested positive for COVID-19. If we have no further positive test results, our outbreak would be discontinued as soon as 14 days.
We will continue with all of the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention including the following:
- Rapid Covid-19 testing completed immediately upon new resident admission to Park Manor, as well as 5-7 days after the date of admission.
- Precautionary quarantine of newly admitted residents that are not fully up to date with Covid-19 vaccinations, based on the most recent guidance.
- Precautionary quarantine of residents, and work restrictions for employees that have had potential exposure to an individual that has tested positive for Covid-19, based on the most recent guidance.
- Screening of all who enter Park Manor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and denying entry to any person with signs and symptoms of COVID or who have been in close contact with a COVID-19 infections in the last 14 days, regardless of vaccination status.
- Hand hygiene performed using alcohol based hand rub or hand washing.
- Use of face masks that cover the mouth and nose.
- Social distancing of at least six feet maintained between people when recommended.
- Continued education to residents, visitors, and employees on COVID-19 infection prevention.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-frequently touch surfaces in facility and visiting areas.
- Use of appropriate PPE by staff, residents and visitors.
- COVID screening of residents and staff according to Wisconsin DHS guidelines.
Although we are able to allow visits for all residents, we would like all visitors to be aware of this outbreak status and the potential risk of exposure during this time. When visiting, please wear your face mask at all times, practice good hand hygiene and follow all other core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention. If you have any questions please contact us at Park Manor.