Park Manor continues in outbreak status, which started on 8/2/2022. Since this time, we have had a total of eight employees and one resident test positive for COVID-19. With each new COVID-19 case, an outbreak investigation is initiated in order to identify and isolate new cases in order to stop further transmission. Contact tracing is used to identify close contacts of the individual with COVID-19, and testing begins immediately. Testing involves two rounds, the first conducted immediately, and a second round 5-7 days post-exposure. Additional positives identified during either round leads to additional testing cycles to help determine the extent of the outbreak and transmission.
Admissions to Park Manor have continued throughout this outbreak to non-affected units, after consultation with the medical director and facility leadership. For units closed to new admissions due to an outbreak of COVID-19, residents who are not up to date on COVID vaccinations are placed on precautionary quarantine and encouraged to remain in their room to the extent possible. If these residents leave their room, they are encouraged to wear a facemask, limit their movement in the facility, and perform physical distancing. Residents who are up to date on COVID vaccinations and those in the 90 day period post infection do not need to be on precautionary quarantine, but should continue to wear a facemask when outside their rooms.
We continue to test all employees routinely who are not up-to-date with recommended COVID vaccinations, any employee or resident exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or any employee or resident that has been exposed to an individual that has recently tested positive for COVID-19, according to CDC, CMS and Wisconsin Department of Health guidelines.
We will continue with all of the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention including the following:
- Rapid Covid-19 testing completed immediately upon new resident admission to Park Manor, as well as 5-7 days after the date of admission.
- Precautionary quarantine of newly admitted residents that are not fully up to date with Covid-19 vaccinations, based on the most recent infection control guidance.
- Precautionary quarantine of residents, and work restrictions for employees that have had potential exposure to an individual that has tested positive for Covid-19, based on the most recent guidance.
- Screening of all who enter Park Manor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and denying entry to any person with signs and symptoms of COVID or who have been in close contact with a COVID-19 infections in the last 14 days, regardless of vaccination status.
- Hand hygiene performed using alcohol based hand rub or hand washing.
- Use of face masks that cover the mouth and nose.
- Social distancing of at least six feet maintained between people when recommended.
- Continued education to residents, visitors, and employees on COVID-19 infection prevention.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces in the facility and visiting areas.
- Use of appropriate PPE by staff, residents and visitors.
- COVID screening of residents and staff according to Wisconsin DHS guidelines.
Although we are able to allow visits for all residents, we would like all visitors to be aware of this outbreak status and the potential risk of exposure during this time. When visiting, please wear your face mask at all times, practice good hand hygiene and follow all other core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention. If you have any questions please contact us at Park Manor.
Thank you for your continued support!