The safety and health of our residents and staff has guided our work throughout the pandemic. We feel keenly the impact of social isolation on our residents’ wellbeing and are pleased to be able to offer the option of indoor visits as the next best step in reconnecting residents with their loved ones. Expanded visits allow us to carefully balance the need to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission in our setting with the strong desire for more meaningful connection between residents and their loved ones. We see expanded visiting as the next step in Park Manor’s Road to Reopening.
Reduce social isolation.
- One of the most unfortunate and saddest parts of this global health pandemic is the barriers we had to place per state and federal guidelines on families and friends in order protect our residents, who are among the most vulnerable to the COVID-19 virus, and our staff.
- We recognize the impact that social isolation can have on our residents’ health and well-being and are doing our best to take the appropriate steps based on federal and state guidelines to safely expand opportunities for engagement and connection.
- Overall we feel our residents at Park Manor have fared well during the pandemic. Family and friends use of social media, patio and window visits has made the required isolation easier to tolerate.
- Implementing the Park Manor Expanded Visit guidance is the next step to safely reconnect family members and their loved ones while we remain diligent in our efforts to prevent and limit the transmission of this virus.
- While this is an exciting and welcomed step forward, we are looking forward to the day we can open our doors once again to all families, visitors, and volunteers. We continue to take actionable steps and make plans for that day.
- Please know that we will also continue to help you connect with your loved one through alternative means such as telephone, video chat, social media, and window visits. Protect people. Provide access.
- The risk of COVID-19 transmission in long-term settings and the need for visits with families and friends can be safely and appropriately balanced.
- Our goal in this next phase of our visiting policy is to protect our residents and staff as we create opportunities for more meaningful connection for our residents.
- We are taking all the necessary, required measures to protect our residents and staff while we provide a safe space for socialization and visitation. We are following the guidance that is provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the state of Wisconsin Department of Health Services to guide our reopening.
- Please be patient as we roll out this next phase in visiting. As the virus is still being transmitted throughout our state, we may need to change visiting options based on a resident’s status of COVID-19 and the overall status of COVID-19 in our facility. As weather permits we will also make outdoor visits available. Safety is a shared responsibility.
- We all have a role in protecting our community and each other from this virus.
- All visitors must comply with our screening protocols and other infection control measures when they visit their loved one. Please review our Park Manor Expanded Visit Guidelines prior to your visit. If you do not feel you meet the screening criteria or are unable to adhere to the safety protocols put in place, please refrain from scheduling a visit.
- You are a partner in helping protect our community from this virus. We ask that you understand the requirements and procedures we have put in place and work with us as partners in caregiving to abide by them.
Thank You and Welcome Back!