PARK MANOR COVID UPDATE
Our outbreak was discontinued on 5/18/21, and since this time we have not had any additional COVID positive staff or residents! Routine testing of residents has been discontinued since this time, and routine testing for unvaccinated staff has decreased to once monthly. We will continue to test any staff or residents experiencing COVID-19 symptoms using our point of care device, regardless of vaccination status.
FULLY VACCINATED VOLUNTEERS
Park Manor has met all required criteria based on CMS guidance that allows us to accept entry of volunteers into our facility. We are working to coordinate church services and entertainment indoors for our residents, while still maintaining effective infection control practices and safety for all residents and staff. The following steps and guidelines will be followed:
- Volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination status to the facility prior to their scheduled volunteer time.
- Volunteers must adhere to all the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention including the following:
- Screening for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Entry will be denied to any volunteer with signs and symptoms of COVID or who have been in close contact with a COVID-19 infection in the last 14 days.
- Hand hygiene performed appropriately using alcohol based hand rub or hand washing.
- Use of face masks that cover the mouth and nose, to be worn at all times while in the facility.
- Social distancing of at least six feet maintained when necessary based on resident vaccination status.
- Ongoing monitoring and education for volunteers on COVID-19 infection prevention.
If Park Manor returns to an outbreak status OR there is a marked increase in positive cases in our county, we will not be able to allow entry of volunteers until all required criteria is met.
- Park Manor has the ability to limit the number of volunteers based on guidance from CMS, CDC and DHS.
We are very excited about this new change! If you are interested in volunteering and are fully vaccinated, please contact our Activities Department to discuss this possibility.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at Park Manor if you have questions.
Thank you for your continued support!