Park Manor returned to an outbreak status on May 5th after a direct care provider tested positive for COVID during routine staff testing. Since this time, all staff and residents have been tested twice weekly, and we are happy to report there have been no new positive test results! We will be testing all staff and residents with our point of care device on Monday the 17th, and as long as we have no new positive results the outbreak will be discontinued.
Although the CDC has lifted the indoor mask guidance for vaccinated people, this does not yet apply to health care settings. Vaccination status of the resident and their visitor(s) will continue to determine the location of the visit, physical distancing guidelines, and use of face masks. We will continue with all of the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention including the following:
- Screening of all who enter Park Manor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and denying entry to any person with signs and symptoms of COVID or who have been in close contact with a COVID-19 infections in the last 14 days, regardless of vaccination status.
- Hand hygiene performed using alcohol based hand rub or hand washing.
- Use of face masks that cover the mouth and nose.
- Social distancing of at least six feet maintained between people.
- Continued education to residents and visitors on COVID-19 infection prevention.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-frequency touch surfaces in facility and visiting areas.
- Use of appropriate PPE by staff, residents and visitors.
- COVID screening of residents and staff according to Wisconsin DHS guidelines.
Most of our residents and many of our staff are now fully vaccinated, and we continue to provide opportunities for unvaccinated staff and residents to receive COVID vaccinations. We are collaborating with Park Pharmacy to provide the Moderna vaccine weekly for any new residents or staff. We are also working to set up a day with Price County to offer the Johnson and Johnson vaccine for any unvaccinated staff or residents that may be interested.
Nursing Home Week
With the 600 and 700 wing residents being required to quarantine due to being in outbreak status, we decided to delay our celebration of Nursing Home Week until next week (May 16-22). We have lots of fun things planned for residents and staff – games, treats, prizes, fun daily themes, and a big Luau celebration to end the week. Check out Facebook throughout next week to see pictures of the fun!
Please do not hesitate to contact us at Park Manor if you have questions about the outbreak, visiting or any other topic of concern to you. Thank you for your continued support!