PARK MANOR IS NO LONGER IN OUTBREAK STATUS
We returned to an outbreak status on October 8th after a direct care provider tested positive for COVID during routine staff testing. All staff and resident tests have been negative since this time, so we are able to discontinue our outbreak status effective today. Residents residing on the 2nd floor are now able to accept visitors. We will continue to follow all guidelines related to visits that were in place prior to the outbreak.
COVID BOOSTER VACCINES
This week Thursday, the CDC approved the use of Moderna and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine boosters. This approval followed the Food and Drug Administration’s authorizations issued Wednesday.
For Moderna, the panel said a booster should be given to people on the same terms as the Pfizer-BioNTech booster, at least 6 months after the initial series. That would cover people 65 and older, people 18 and older in long-term care settings and people 50 to 64 with relevant underlying medical conditions. The booster may be given to people 18 to 49 years with certain medical conditions and to people 18 to 64 who have COVID-19 risks related to their work or who live in certain institutional settings. For Johnson & Johnson, the panel’s advice was simpler: A booster is recommended for people 18 and older at least two months after their initial immunization.
Park Manor has partnered with Park Pharmacy to provide booster shots to all residents and staff that are eligible and would like to receive one.
Park Manor remains diligent in order to protect all of our residents by adhering to all principles of COVID-19 infection prevention, including the following:
- Screening of all who enter Park Manor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and denying entry to any person with signs and symptoms of COVID, or have been in close contact with a COVID-19 infection in the last 14 days, regardless of vaccination status.
- Hand hygiene performed using alcohol based hand rub or hand washing.
- Use of face masks that cover the mouth and nose.
- Social distancing of at least six feet maintained between people when recommended.
- Continued education to residents and visitors on COVID-19 infection prevention.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequency touched surfaces in facility and visiting areas.
- Use of appropriate PPE by staff, residents and visitors.
- COVID screening of residents and staff according to Wisconsin DHS guidelines.
- Continued routine testing of unvaccinated employees based on the level of Price County positivity rates.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at Park Manor if you have questions about visiting or any other topic of concern to you. Thank you for your continued support!