Park Manor continues in an outbreak status, which began on 11/13/21. During routine testing of unvaccinated staff on 12/14/2021, an employee that works on 2nd floor tested positive for Covid-19. During testing of residents and staff that had contact with the positive employee, we identified an additional 2nd floor direct care worker that was positive. All residents that live on the 2nd floor tested negative. On 12/15/2021, an additional 2nd floor direct care employee tested positive. A few employees still need to be tested, but so far, we have no additional positive results.
Since all residents on the 2nd floor tested negative, all residents that are fully vaccinated do not need to be in precautionary quarantine due to this exposure. All residents are required to wear facemasks when out of their rooms. No changes are necessary to resident activities within the building, as we have continued to practice appropriate Covid prevention measures at all times. All residents and staff that had contact with the positive employees will be tested again on 12/20/2021 and will be monitored closely for signs and symptoms of Covid-19.
We continue with all CDC, CMS and DHS requirements and recommendations regarding Covid-19 infection prevention, new admissions, precautionary quarantine, outbreak and routine testing, cleaning and disinfecting, resident activities, and visitation. Core principles of Covid-19 infection prevention include the following:
- Screening of all who enter Park Manor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and denying entry to any person with signs and symptoms of COVID or who have been in close contact with a COVID-19 infection in the last 14 days, regardless of vaccination status.
- Hand hygiene performed using alcohol based hand rub or hand washing.
- Use of face masks that cover the mouth and nose.
- Social distancing of at least six feet maintained between people when recommended.
- Continued education to residents and visitors on COVID-19 infection prevention.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high frequency touch surfaces in facility and visiting areas.
- Use of appropriate PPE by staff, residents and visitors.
- COVID screening of residents and staff according to Wisconsin DHS guidelines.
Although it is safest to postpone your visit to Park Manor until our outbreak is resolved, we are able to allow visits for all residents. In some situations, Park Manor may recommend visits occur in designated visiting areas to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
As always, thank you for your support. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions please contact us!