Park Manor is no longer in an outbreak status, which we were able to discontinue on Thursday, December 30th. The last positive test result during exposure testing and routine testing was 12/14/2021, which means we have had at least 14 days with no additional positive employees or residents. Routine testing for all unvaccinated employees will continue according to CMS, CDC and DHS guidance, which is currently twice weekly due to the high level of Covid-19 in Price County at this time.
We continue with all CDC, CMS and DHS requirements and recommendations regarding Covid-19 infection prevention, new admissions, precautionary quarantine, outbreak and routine testing, cleaning and disinfecting, resident activities, and visitation. Core principles of Covid-19 infection prevention include the following:
- Screening of all who enter Park Manor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and denying entry to any person with signs and symptoms of COVID or who have been in close contact with COVID-19 infections in the last 14 days, regardless of vaccination status.
- Hand hygiene performed using alcohol based hand rub or hand washing.
- Use of face masks that cover the mouth and nose.
- Social distancing of at least six feet maintained between people when recommended.
- Continued education to residents and visitors on COVID-19 infection prevention.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-frequently touch surfaces in facility and visiting areas.
- Use of appropriate PPE by staff, residents and visitors.
- COVID screening of residents and staff according to Wisconsin DHS guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Mandate
CMS suspended the vaccination mandate on December 1st that required all long-term care employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. However, on December 29, 2021, the federal appeals court reinstated the vaccination mandate in the 26 states that did not file lawsuits related to the mandate, which includes Wisconsin. The updated guidance related to this vaccination mandate requires all long-term care employees receive their first dose of a Covid-19 vaccination by January 26th, or apply for a medical or religious exemption.
Park Manor employee vaccination rate is approximately 90%, and we do not anticipate a large loss of employees due to the CMS vaccine mandate. Park Manor has policies, procedures and plans in place to ensure each resident will continue to receive the great care they have always gotten at Park Manor!
Odds & Ends
We are looking for donations for some of our residents that are in need of warmer winter clothing. Men’s and women’s winter hats, gloves or mittens, and scarves are needed most and would be so appreciated! Please drop off any items you may have at our Reception desk inside the Main Entrance on Rivers Edge.
December was an eventful month, filled with fun holiday activities, treats, and a Christmas party. The “Giving Tree” was a huge success, thanks to so many generous community members, Park Manor employees, families and friends that brought gifts for the residents. Each resident was able to open several gifts! Park Manor also received several generous donations for employees and resident activities, treats from community members, and caroling groups that stopped by to spread some holiday cheer. We are so grateful for all of the generosity and thoughtfulness!
We look forward to all that is to come in 2022! Please contact us if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
Happy New Year!