Therapy is a broad term that can be broken down into many different areas. For Park Manor, our Therapy model is made up of the following:
- Assess and treat disorders affecting speech
- Strengthening, Balance, Mobility, and Endurance
- Activities of daily living & fine motor skills
- Maintaining current skills & preventing decline
- Rehab therapy for our community, friends, and family.
Our specialized physical, occupational and speech therapists assess each person’s rehabilitative needs, and in consultations with the resident, their family and attending physician, a comprehensive rehabilitative program is designed with emphasis on maximizing abilities and independence. Restorative nursing services continue to work on therapeutic goals, both during and after a person is discharged from the formal therapy program. Individuals can also continue their therapy on an outpatient basis once they return to their home or assisted living.
Park Manor has also developed several specialty programs to address the specific needs of our patients. Areas include:
- Specialized treatment program using "Therapeutic Modalities."
- Alternative approaches to pain management
- Management of urinary incontinence
- Multiple Medical Complexities
- Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)
- Cognition management
- Overall safety assessment and education
Our clinicians include physical, occupational, speech therapists who are licensed professionals with education, experience and the advance training required to achieve the highest possible outcome for all patients.